Sunday, December 20, 2009

Bedlam

Bedlam tuning instruments inside my head
discordant before the concert ever starts.

Raucous flashing psychedelic color scape
wheels complaining over rails to the moon.

Chaos in this poet's riddled-iron skull
pushing order seeking meaning forcing words

to mean what they don't want to mean yet can't resist
these images that will not fit what someone else

would rather fix to other words. But you my love can see
beyond these jumbled words this raw cacophony

and shapeless images accumulated through
these nine and thirty years. I do not know how you

have managed to bring order to this poet's mind.
You are the meaning I've been seeking long to find

You give me peace and love and patience wihthout strings,
my turmoil turns into an instrument that sings.

You have loved me free without constraint. I say
with love that you complete just who I am today.


(c)petefreas 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment