Wednesday, December 9, 2009

In the Company of Women

I like the company of women
which is fine since they compose
half the people on the planet.
I sure don't want that many foes.

Some of my best friends are women;
a suspect line but true for me.
When they're not seduced by pretty
we should be able to agree.
(this seduction's equal opportunity)

I rollick in the look of women,
large and small, fat and tall.
Most will live more years than I,.
more time to chat and shop the mall.

I try to warn all friendly women -
don't race against testosterone.
There are few winners, many losers.
The best just use it for a hone.

Soul is sexless; men and women
who divide themselves are cursed
to living life as halves of beings.
Seek all of self and quench your thirst.


(c)W.W. Yoder 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment