Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cherry Tart

Hey, yeah - I feel your eyes
when we pass in the school hall.
Oops! Did My hip graze your thigh?
I have absolutely no idea why your
forehead beads with sweat
every time we say goodnight
after a movie and my full round
peaches with cherries on top
touch your chest and I stop
your hand just short of touching
them just the way Sister Mary Claire
said I should, Hey! You heard her
last Friday, didn't you? Oh, yeah and
what the heck is the matter
with you when we slow dance,
are you nervous or something
you tremble like you have a chill
or something and every time I boogie
and get my whole ripe little body
really into it you suddenly go
paralytic on me, just stop and stare.
What's the matter with you anyway,
- you sick or something?


(c)Mary Curro          January 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment