Thursday, January 14, 2010

Girl Versus Vomit

I'm trying to think/of something to do
besides clean the catpuke off the carpet

She's calling the fire department
to light her cigarette    You know her:
the demon dressed in less than progress
with a permanent pucker on her lips

Flipping on the tv I hate this game
I hate her voice in second-hand smoke

     You should have seen the cat convulsing:
     back like a bad-luck horseshoe
     eyes like bubbles about to pop
     jerking spitting moaning


I could take the bottles down to the bin
better than hearing/what I should do for her

She's shaking/her heels running
fingertips along the rim of her glass
Feeling a little ill I find the 409
and the thick paper towels

The corny sloppy sponge is sometimes more fun
than Russian roulette with a fake brunette
but there's nothing better to do than fire


(c)Daniel Pravda          2009

No comments:

Post a Comment