Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Offerings to Thee Mother

Tangled are the memories endless.
Mingled are the souls boundless.
Whom do I leave when I leave thee!
Was I ever far away from thee,
When I had to be cut apart from thy placenta.
When the placenta of that love
Still nourishes me with the beauty of life.

I know I could never create thee ever,
Not in my greatest of all imaginations.
Such a masterpiece beauty,
And that too with pen or color,
I quit!

I sit as a beggar at thy feet mother,
For I know thou hast created me,
Protected me ever with thy unknown prayers.
Many a times in my urgency and stupidity,
I hurt thee, but I know, the ocean of thy love
Is vast to purify the polluted stream of my being.
With my puny hands, I offer unto thee,
These flowers of words, though insignificant,
Like the strokes of a child on a blank paper,
But do contain innocence and beauty of love.


(c)Manish Wadlwa          2010

No comments:

Post a Comment