Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ode To The Feminine

In an enchanted forest
ancient and forgotten
is a shrine to the goddess
hidden deeply within
familiar ruins fragrant
with timeless incense.

Sofia, Mary, Demeter, Isis,
Sarah, Fatima, Buffalo Woman,
Kali, Creator and Destroyer,
Theresa The Little Flower,
their penetrating presence
healing hurt and brokenness.

She breathes the Breath of Life
into every womb and breast,
into the whole earth body,
every creature, tree and sea,
her sustenance expanding
far out into the cosmos

Her power, love and mystery
is every woman's birthright
bursting forth with every birth,
feeding every suckling babe,
flowing out to cleanse the universe
with her stream of blood and tears.




(c)Mary Curro          12/2009

1 comment:

  1. Number two posted today to maintain the count as I'd missed yesterday's posting. Shame on me. Purge me. Cleanse me. Forgive me. Oh, contrite me.

    pf

    ReplyDelete