Monday, March 29, 2010

Praise the night

for curtis


listen to me.

praise the night.

my spouse walks in
with a hundred bags of groceries,
with his
I have gone into the night and returned to you
with a hundred bags of groceries.
I do this for your love
look on his face.

his face says
I am through, don't give me another list for a very long time.
it says further
I require televised sports.
Sports alone will make me forget my hour at the supermarket
and that they tried to cheat me at the register once again.

we briefly embrace in the paperbag sea,
for fred hickman will soon enjoin doc rivers
to endorse his analyses
de hoop.
socrates and plato
on tnt.
Blah de dah! says hickman.
Absolutely! responds doc, crisply attired
on the split screen.

hallelujah!

praise the night.
I do this
for your love.


(c)Toni Wynn          1993
from the place within where the universe resides

No comments:

Post a Comment