Friday, August 13, 2010

Bleeding Blue

Bleeding blue upon a page my pen races
Wildly through the torrent of a thousand
Tears.

A million people may have died this year alone
My pain is not that tragic

How come your airplane crashed into the tower of my
Heart, leaving the steel-reinforced concrete in rubble
At your feet.

          I am in shock.

          I cannot say one word in
          my behalf.

          My mouth says "why," only

          ?why?

Later, I will know that's useless
What's done is done.  But now I
Stand in ruins.

A year away my happiness has fled into another
Galaxy maybe someone there can make good use
Of it.  I thought I did.

Happiness is not to be enjoyed in retrospect
Through tears.


(c)Wendy Donahue
published in Skipping Stones 2003
and in Ripples
Mindworm Press, Chesapeake, VA

No comments:

Post a Comment