Sunday, September 19, 2010

As I Fell Asleep

My mother screamed while smashing my daddy's face
With a chipped plate she had to stretch to reach
I know I saw her fingers dancing to reach it
lThe one plate on the edge of the table
My mommy smashed my daddy's face
And I stood still in the corner
Seeing words coming out of
My daddy's face
his words were bleeding
Flying streams of blood
I turned and ran over my tears
My mouth opened wide
But only silence came out
So I went outside cried
While walking in circles
Pulling my hair
I hurt but can't find the hurt
Then something wonderful
Something strange
Happened to my tears
Falling to the earth
I paused at the strangeness
At the tears falling
Tears falling
Changing into rose petals
The more I cried
The more rose petals
Fell into a heap
Of softness
Beneath my feet
I covered my ears
As I fell down
Burried myself
Into the mound of petals
I covered myself in rose petals
Clung to their slippery sweet smelling
Fragrance then smiled
As I fell asleep


(c)Joaquin C. Richardson                    2009
published in Skipping Stones Vol VI
Mindworm Press, Chesapeake, VA


No comments:

Post a Comment