Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Whole World in my Pocketbook

Where is my wallet?
Where are my keys?With my big ole purse
I cannot find either of these

My lip gloss glows
Like the stars at night
If I can't find my mirror
Me and this pocketbook are going to fight

Some safety pins
My hand sanitizer to cleanse
All of my wants and needs
Band aids just in case my nephew's boo-boo bleeds

Body spray
Lotion
Cream
I pelrpetrate to seem like I am rich living the American
dream

My phone book
Check book
So many things that I do not want to look

Some tissue
My CD player
My spiritual book about God and prayer

So many ink pens
A journal to write
You'd think by my strut that my purse was light

Everything stuffed inside just in case a situation occurs
So much so my mind blurs

Clear nail polish for when my stocking has a run
My camera to take pictures when times are fun

I only have room for one more thing to fit
My beauty agent, my make-up kit.


(c)Danielle Vannall                         2009
published in Skipping Stones, Vol VI
Mindworm Press, Chesapeake, VA

No comments:

Post a Comment