Friday, September 3, 2010

A Dream

I was gifted by a visitor in the middle of the night,
A visit as anticipated as winter longing for spring.
Her personage was hazy, but her message clear,
Crystalline as an unseen mountain-fed stream.

An angel swathed in sunlight called my name.
Her voice filled my house, coursed through my veins.
Like the breeze that swirls before the summer storm,
Bliss transcended her realm to suffuse my own.

Her Grace, bestowed effortlessly as starlight,
Was so radiant that friends and strangers
Arrived to bask, and none were turned away.
I awoke sated as a desert soaked by rain.

Wonder pulses quietly in the wake of my dream,
A solemn wish conveyed through blood and bone:
To somnambulate again in the company of angels,
To walk faithful, without want of anything at all.


(c)Lynn Lantz                                2009
published in Skipping Stones, Vol VI
Mindworm Press, Chesapeake, VA

No comments:

Post a Comment